PhotoModeler 2015.0 Release
Posted on Friday, December 5th, 2014
PhotoModeler, PhotoModeler Scanner and PhotoModeler Motion have a new release: version 2015.0.0 – release date Dec. 3, 2014.
PhotoModeler has always been used in a wide variety of industries, and recently there have been more PhotoModeler Scanner users in the geotechnical, mining, and land survey fields. As a result, PhotoModeler is being used more with a large number of photographs taken by aerial platforms (in particular UAV/drones – watch for a blog post on this coming soon). These projects with large numbers of photos and large resulting large data sets mean a commensurate heavy processing load. We’ve responded to the higher processing demands in this release by improving the performance in key areas of PhotoModeler: Processing and the User Interface. There are more improvements coming next year as well.
Here’s a summary of the key changes in this release:
- Processing Speed. Significant processing speed increases in Scanner and Motion for SmartMatch projects and MVS. Improvements most notable in SmartMatch Orientation, Processing/Optimization and MVS. Here’s a sample of timing comparisons for various projects, v2014.1.1 vs v2015.0.0:
- UI Speed Increases. Many other operations on big projects are snappier too (loading projects, opening photos/tables/3D views, and assigning cameras, etc.) – improving your efficiency.
- Mask Improvements. Added an ‘Invert Mask’ tool to the Mask mode right click menu. Added a ‘Cancel Mask’ command which allows one to restart the mask – same as hitting Esc on keyboard. RGB colors assigned to point cloud points now account for masks.
- Orthophoto scale. The orthophoto export dialog now supports print scales less than 1:1. If you are outputting an orthophoto of a small object, the print size can be set to a ratio such as 1:0.5 so the output size would be twice the object’s size.
- Sum Length. Selecting any combination of lines, curves, edges, cylinders, and shape edges will now display a sum of their lengths on the Measure pane.
©Copyright 2017 Eos Systems Inc.